Skip to main content

BoyZ of Summer

Still groovin' from that ride we did...so much fun. I wish had me that saucy little table washer from the Rhythm Cafe right 'bout now...had to wash & wax Toruk myself this evening. And I don't nearly have the cleavage that girl did (thanks Harv for the dusty off road excursion). Ahhh man, sometimes I wish all I did was ride...and ride...and ride...

Enclosed a couple of pictures from last year in Sedona with another brother in arms. Rode up to the Mogollon Rim for 3 days. Was on a Z1000. Rick was on a ZZR 1200. 151mph across the high desert floor will set you right with the Creator. There is only the Present Moment and a quick prayer that a Jackalope won't step onto the tarmac in front of me.

Later on the same ride some vintage Ferrari's thought they could dust us. We blew by them at a buck thirty like they were motionless. Wealthy elderly gentlemen with wives wearing scarves on their heads. Pulling back into our lane as we crested a rise Johnnie Law came the other way. Grabbed a handful of Nissin and for a second paused (should we slow down? Screw that!)...then flew down that mountain like we was on fire and no old time Italian cars in the rearview again. Johnnie must of busted them instead. Later on (at a Café where the photo was taken) my brother Rick said, "the cops don't much care for chasing down the sportbikes. Usually they're just a single fatality...a couple of old sports cars goin' triple digits is a score for the lawman." Uh huh.

What dream is this? The need for Speed. To be on the edge, yet in control. To feel the front wheel searching for release, lifting skyward as the back wheel seeks traction and grip.

One day my now three year old son Bodhi will remember the days when combustion engines made his father smile. The deep sexy throaty note of a Buell. The percussion thump of a Triumph Speed Master. The glorious back pressure gurgle of a Speed Triple decelerating. Oh man...

One day all we'll hear is the hum of something electric (hearing aid? pacemaker?), something totally devoid of personality. And as we drift off into the ether at the end of this Life, we will Dream of motors powered by petrol. Beastly things blessed with tremendous horsepower. Machines that tap our adrenaline and courage.

One Day We will Dream of days of twisting throttles and endless curvy roads...and of Brothers of The Tarmac and one lone BRMC member on a borrowed Honda Davidson (ripped it up on that thing too!).

Good travels to you Harv. Be assured we will ride much between now & September. But when you do return we will again do a "Harv Ride". Maybe a Western Ride?

I'm in.

Peace out.

Jamie

Comments

Rose said…
Love the new feel to your blog. So you..... Cant wait to see that beautiful face in person, so much love. KEEP WRITING......and of course RIDING....

Popular posts from this blog

Losing His Hero

Today in my morning meditation I was strongly feeling my middle brother David who passed away almost two months ago on November 20, 2023. He was 71 years old. A bit of preface here: He also was my abuser growing up (to clarify: emotional and physical, not sexual) and although I had reconciled those experiences through my own inner trauma work we never spoke directly about that time in our lives. We were never very close in our young adulthood although he was very generous when I moved to Encinitas CA to participate in don Miguel Ruiz’s Dreaming School in 2002. He and his wife Carol lived two towns over in Solana Beach. We interacted quite a bit sharing meals and dog walks on the beach and David took a real interest in my son Nick who was 12 at the time. It wasn’t until 20 years later that I became fully aware to the degree of harm I experienced at the hands of my brother while involved in some somatic therapy around my CPTSD diagnosis. I was becoming repeatedly trigg

Waking Up with the What Ifs

Apparently last night I had been dreaming of a life I left behind 11 years ago.  Snippets of memory like peering through a gauzy veil, and scenes vaguely reminiscent of my life as a builder in a small coastal town north of Boston. I woke up with the What Ifs. You know how dreams are: like your eyes can’t completely focus, situations that are seemingly disconnected but maybe not, faces you know but can’t place, yet the feeling in the dream is quite real. I was back in Old Town and trying to figure out why the house I was in was unfinished. There was a meeting to be had there, but it was just me. I walked down a cobbled street to what I figured to be the office of the architect and it was a room of all glass and about 10 people seated around a glass table. I tried to get the attention of the man who was the architect on this particular job without disrupting the meeting. He looked like a friend who wasn’t an architect but a realtor and a neighbor.  I wondered how he switched care

Mindset Like a Dog

This morning after getting the kids off to school I decided to take my dogs for a longer than usual hike on our local mountain. I took a couple big swigs of water, layered up, added hat and gloves, and headed out the gate. The dogs knew what was up and bounced around me, excited and eager for whatever lay ahead. Yet every time they see me putting on my boots it’s like they have never been walked before. Their excitement is fresh. Every day. How is it that they have no idea how long or short I am going to walk them, yet they are always down to walk? I never have to prod them out of their lethargy.  Rain, snow, or sun, they are ready.  Anytime. This got me to wondering what if I adopted this dog mindset? What exactly would that feel like? ******* Recently I’ve felt flat. Not super inspired.  I’m attempting to increase my client base as a Mindset Coach and honestly renovating a 200-year-old house like in my former life feels markedly easier than landing new clients.   It’s the