I find it odd that we pick a day in February to celebrate the heart, the emotion of Love, the honoring of those we love.
What apparently morphed from some racy pagan festivity into a more buttoned down Christian celebration has now become synonymous with the greeting card maker Hallmark. Hmmm.
Regardless of this days origins it has been firmly established in the American psyche (not sure about other countries). Forgetting this day for your beloved, your kids, maybe even your pets, is tantamount to being un-loving. A slouch in the Love department.
Nobody wants to be that.
What about honoring yourself on this day? Congratulating yourself for making it this far on your journey? And along the way how much love was expressed? How open was your heart as you navigated relationships and all the challenges relationships can reveal?
On my late afternoon walk with my two dogs back home these were the thoughts running round my head. And checking in with my heart it felt a bit sad. Why I wondered?
Here’s what my heart said: “I’m sad today because what if today was the day we all set aside our differences, stop all the fighting and wars,let go of all the reasons we are polarized, give a rest to the belief in duality, and just embrace each other as if we truly understood we are all living beings with the same beating heart in our chest”.
“What if this day became the start of humans honoring each other like they would a tender lover? What if we started by treating ourselves in this way too and allow those feelings of love radiate out to the world at large?”
“What if by living that way the pain and isolation and suffering we humans seem so addicted to was dissolved by simply being in Love?”
These were the words my heart spoke. And if that all was true…
…then this day would have some real juice behind it. It wouldn’t just be about heart shaped cards and chocolate and fancy external expressions of love.
It would be One Heart recognizing Another Heart as itself.
Now that would be a day worth celebrating!
*******
Happy Valentines Day.
Jamie Gilroy is a Mindset Coach working with men to unlock their fullest potential. Are you looking to tweak and improve some issues in your life? Are you interested in a free clarity call to investigate working with Jamie? Email him at:jbgilroy@icloud.com And check out his website to learn more about the work he does: https://jamesbgilroy.com
From my heart to yours – thank you for reading.
This morning I woke up feeling just like I have the entire past month. Dog tired (even after eight hours sleep) and lacking the morning fire I’m so accustomed to. I could feel my frustration build as I mentally scrolled through all that I have to do today. It got even worse when I visited a couple of projects we have going and saw things either not moving fast enough (according to me) or done the way I wanted (again, according to me). Ahhhh. Yet again another beautiful day off to an ugly start. I mean obviously all the ugliness is inside of me as the rest of the world is clearly oblivious to my inner turmoil. That’s cool. So I stopped by the Atomic Café for my morning cappuccino (yeah, yeah, I got it rough huh?) which Andrew so generously gave to me no charge. That was the beginning of a subtle shift inside me. Mellissa was bopping around behind the cash register and I could feel the energy just crackling off of her as she greeted customers as if each one was her favorite pers...

Comments
thanks for
sharing your
heart.