Skip to main content

"It's OK." - Bob

Tonight I was thinking about signs. In the regular world signs are there to help us navigate. No Left Turn. Stop. One Way Do Not Enter. In another world there are different signs. A world not so obvious. But still there to assist us in finding our way.

There are signs that let us know on a deeper level that everything is ok. I have always been noticing those different signs and seeking their meaning. Those signs are there to guide us on an inner level. I call them the invisible signs. They are literally invisible if you’re not ready to see them. When you are ready to see them and you do they expand your mind. They blow us away. They break the hold of the ordinary signs and launch us into trusting what we see on an intuitive level.

"It Was Meant 2 Be". I remember walking along the street and finding this small one inch by two inch rubber sign in the gutter. At the time I was dating a woman off and on and took this as a sign that we should be together permanently. I really thought I knew the signs meaning and that it meant we were to be together for a very long time. Little did I know that it was in fact meant to be that I would be tested in a way I never imagined. The signs we see in the regular world mean what they intend. Yield means yield. No parking means don’t park there. It was meant 2 be wasn’t exactly that. It was a sign that helped me understand myself in a new way. That relationship ended a short time later and I was devastated. Yet I grew and evolved in such a beautiful way. Maybe that was meant 2 be.

I have witnessed a dear friend dramatically expand from never believing the signs, or needing a billboard size sign to really believe what she saw, to acknowledging all the signs regardless of size and not missing one of them. She shared an amazing story with me the other day.

Her beloved had passed away very suddenly and she was asking, pleading really, for a sign to help her through her grief. As she walked into a department store to look for something to wear to his funeral she looked up to see a huge banner covering the entire back wall of the store. She gasped as she read this sign. It said “It’s OK”. Bob. Her beloveds name was Bob.

The signs are always there. Always. The message is always there. Notice. Open. Believe. Trust. Surrender. See the signs. Know their meaning. Or not.

They are all around us. All the time.

Divided Highway Ends.

No U Turn…


J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Losing His Hero

Today in my morning meditation I was strongly feeling my middle brother David who passed away almost two months ago on November 20, 2023. He was 71 years old. A bit of preface here: He also was my abuser growing up (to clarify: emotional and physical, not sexual) and although I had reconciled those experiences through my own inner trauma work we never spoke directly about that time in our lives. We were never very close in our young adulthood although he was very generous when I moved to Encinitas CA to participate in don Miguel Ruiz’s Dreaming School in 2002. He and his wife Carol lived two towns over in Solana Beach. We interacted quite a bit sharing meals and dog walks on the beach and David took a real interest in my son Nick who was 12 at the time. It wasn’t until 20 years later that I became fully aware to the degree of harm I experienced at the hands of my brother while involved in some somatic therapy around my CPTSD diagnosis. I was becoming repeatedly trigg

Waking Up with the What Ifs

Apparently last night I had been dreaming of a life I left behind 11 years ago.  Snippets of memory like peering through a gauzy veil, and scenes vaguely reminiscent of my life as a builder in a small coastal town north of Boston. I woke up with the What Ifs. You know how dreams are: like your eyes can’t completely focus, situations that are seemingly disconnected but maybe not, faces you know but can’t place, yet the feeling in the dream is quite real. I was back in Old Town and trying to figure out why the house I was in was unfinished. There was a meeting to be had there, but it was just me. I walked down a cobbled street to what I figured to be the office of the architect and it was a room of all glass and about 10 people seated around a glass table. I tried to get the attention of the man who was the architect on this particular job without disrupting the meeting. He looked like a friend who wasn’t an architect but a realtor and a neighbor.  I wondered how he switched care

Mindset Like a Dog

This morning after getting the kids off to school I decided to take my dogs for a longer than usual hike on our local mountain. I took a couple big swigs of water, layered up, added hat and gloves, and headed out the gate. The dogs knew what was up and bounced around me, excited and eager for whatever lay ahead. Yet every time they see me putting on my boots it’s like they have never been walked before. Their excitement is fresh. Every day. How is it that they have no idea how long or short I am going to walk them, yet they are always down to walk? I never have to prod them out of their lethargy.  Rain, snow, or sun, they are ready.  Anytime. This got me to wondering what if I adopted this dog mindset? What exactly would that feel like? ******* Recently I’ve felt flat. Not super inspired.  I’m attempting to increase my client base as a Mindset Coach and honestly renovating a 200-year-old house like in my former life feels markedly easier than landing new clients.   It’s the